Sadie's 2ND birthday was Monday. We have been singing "Happy Birthday" with her since February 1st.
"sing altogether with me" she says.
Not only is she now 2 years old but she has developed even more into a little person. She calls us out when we deserve it, plays tricks on us when she can and makes us laugh until we cry almost daily.
We had a small family party to celebrate with a cake and some gifties. When I was telling Sadie who would be attending the party she said "hmmm, no kids? small party? next year big one."
OKAY???????????????
We've moved on from just painting her toenails to painting her fingernails too. After I finish she runs around the house saying "hi everyone, see my pretty nails." She does the same thing but says "hi everyone see my pretty hair" after I've blown out her hair after her bath.
Yes, I said I BLOW OUT HER HAIR. 2 years old and girl already loves a good blow dry. What have we done?!
Once a good eater, Sadie has given up on most everything green. For awhile, I was pureeing things and sticking them in sauces but I think she's caught on. Plus, foods cannot touch each other.
Another new development is that Sadie refuses to sleep in the dark. It's lights on or it's no deal. I've considered buying some new lighting for her room to at least dim the situation but haven't done it yet.
As Sadie gets older we are starting to censor music just a little bit, mostly for language. Her current favorite song is Jay-Z and Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind." It's hilarious to hear her sing along with Alicia and rap with Jay.
On her actual birthday Sadie and I went to the movies to see The Princess and The Frog. To my surprise she sat on my lap almost the entire time and only got squirmy when it was dangerously close to nap time. Otherwise, she danced during the songs and that evening and the following day she asked me to make "baynays" (beignets were in the movie, not a main thing in the movie but apparently enough of one to make a lasting impression).
Saturday is my first day of work in a salon in 5 years!!!! Peter gets to spend the entire day alone with Sadie. I can't wait because he doesn't really get the full effect when I'm around. They have their thing and all but mom is usually just around the corner or coming back very soon. This will be fun for all, Peter, Sadie, Me AND our bank account!!!!
There are some videos, if you're interested, just click on the photo album and you'll see them!
enjoy!
xoxo
3 comments:
Just want to compliment the kid is so adorable.
Get Credit Score Online
Happy 2nd Birthday Sadie!
:)
Ah, this is too cute!
Post a Comment