Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's hard out there for a shrimp



On Wednesdays, Sadie and I go to Barnes and Noble for storytime.
We ride the escalator up to the second floor. At the top is the cookbook section.

That's right, Coolio's got his own cookbook. Food actually looks pretty good too, except for the animal bits.

It's been so long, I don't even know where to start!
Is anybody even reading this blog anymore???????
Sadie is almost 2 1/2 and potty trained. Well, okay, she's closer to 2 1/2 than she is to being potty trained but that's just because I'm lazy.
As you will see from the pictures, our kid is quite the character. "Just like her mother" my family says. But I think she's got a lot of her dad in her too. She is a total performer. If anyone gives her the time of day she'll do a little dance and sing. When we go to dinner at the thai restaurant down the street they fall all over her. When she arrives they say "oh are you hungry how about some tofu and rice?" To this Sadie replies "I'm a little hungry I think I need some tofu and rice 'kay?"

We've reached a point in Sadie's life where she's really turning into a person. She speaks in almost complete sentences, is a total drama queen and actually has an opinion on most things.
She wears her "glass slippers" around the house all day, every day and everyone in a dress is a princess. Whenever she can she will put on her princess costume and cruise around. A lot of times she can be found in my heels.
She is OBSESSED with Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
At night when Peter comes home from work she will ask him to dance with her and she'll sing a song from either movie. It's the cutest thing I have ever seen.

When getting dressed each day Sadie will only wear a "pretty dress." If we are going somewhere where sneakers or pants are neccessary it takes forever to convince her that she will be able to wear a dress again in the near future.

The other night I found an old Barbie of mine from way back when. She had corn rows and a hoochie dress on. I gave her to Sadie because when we were in Toys R Us the other day buying a gift for someone she asked me to take her to the Barbie section.
HOW DOES SHE EVEN KNOW ABOUT BARBIE??????????
Anyway, I gave my old one and she went crazy over it. Hugging and kissing and calling her "my best friend, she's a princess" and all that.
We took her home and combed out her hair and gave her a bath and Sadie hasn't let her go since.
So I know some people are all against Barbie, saying that the doll makes little girls have poor body image issues and what not, but I played with her A LOT and I'm okay. Right?
I mean, it's not a big deal that Sadie keeps asking me to "stop combing Barbie's hair mommy" and "mommy I want to play with Barbie now" right??????

enjoy!
xoxo

6 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm still reading!
Sadie really is growing up into a real proper little person - it's so much fun seeing their personalities develop. So many of those photos made me laugh - I love the one of Sadie cooking with her apron on!
xx

j.cro said...

I still read your blog!
And I promise to write an email rilly, rilly soooooooooon.
Miss you guys!!!
xo

Jondabomb said...

Life is moving fast!

Jondabomb said...

Life is moving fast!

Anonymous said...

Great story love the menu.. too Coolio..
Brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

themissingx said...

Awh! She's so cute! This reminds me of the very first Barbie I owned when I was still a kid :-)

xx
Amy @ Foodista