Sadie is almost a month away from her second birthday. I can't believe it!
I keep saying she's almost two going on 20. Girl has attitude and quite the personality.
She talks and sings nonstop. When we're out in public people always stop and comment on how happy and outgoing she is. I mean, she's crazy, I bet to a stranger it looks like we've spiked her water with something.
Her favorite song to sing is the Sesame Street theme song, but for some reason when we're in the grocery store all she says is "I'm so happy I could siiiiiiiiing!" She says "hi" to everyone still. It's quite embarrassing and we're always having to tell her to use her inside voice.
In Trader Joe's she'll always blurt out "I love wines!" when we enter the wine area.
Just the other day she told me her Kid Kraft kitchen has a "wine fountain" where she makes "cakees (coffees) and wines."
She also sings the Itsy Bitsy Spider song but it goes like this "the itchy itchy fider, up the wawa fout, down rain, fider out. Up sun dry rain, itchy itchy fider up fout again."
Thanksgiving was a blast, we shared the day with my parents, Gary, Dwain, Addison and Avery. Giggles and screams were had by all!
Hanukkah and Christmas were mellow. Sadie got a kitchen and a bunch of blocks and other fun toys. Her favorite things to do are drink wine and play with mommy's hair. She told me the other day her kitchen has a wine fountain and it makes perfect pretty cupcakes. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Because I do hair at home, she has learned a thing or two and wants to do them to my hair. This can be very relaxing or very painful.
We bought her a little backpack filled with Princess gear as well. The day she opened it she put it all on with the tool belt and tools we got her also and pranced around the house in her track suit. We dubbed her "Boca Raton Bubbie" she just looked crazy!
We moved apartments again in November. Sadie was a big help, riding around the building on the hand truck, packing and unpacking boxes, even when she wasn't supposed to........
I'm always surprised by how much Sadie knows and remembers. For instance, when we go to Berkeley Bowl for groceries, she always says "oooo cheese, yay yay yay!" Because there are cheese samples in the front of the store. When we got to Trader Joe's she knows she can ask at the check out counter for a balloon and she must say "thank you" when she gets it. If we stop at Starbucks for coffee she'll say "I want a treat too."
The other day she looked at my mom and said "your name is Ronna, daddy's name is Peter."
Our tree this year was pink and decorated with homemade ornaments, sparkly things and candy canes. Sadie loved to look at "christmastime." In fact she loved it so much all she could say when I packed everything up to put it away for next year was "Christmastime over, put on my costume and trick or teet?"
She hasn't grasped the concept that Halloween or any holiday for that matter comes only once-a-year.
enjoy!
xoxo
2 comments:
"In Trader Joe's she'll always blurt out "I love wines!" when we enter the wine area."
AAAAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH. Girlfriend, you've got your hands full! I wish I could be there to hear her say that. How do you not die laughing?
Your kid sounds so cute.
Post a Comment