For my mom's birthday we celebrated by going to Sonoma to the Corner Stone Gardens. It was pretty neat, gardens as art and of course wine! Sadie really enjoyed it too. She loved the part with the plastic flower windmills the most.
For Halloween, I wanted to Sadie to be a chicken (of course) but the price of the costume was more than the laugh was worth I nixed that idea and decided to try something else. While at the store Sadie pointed to a hot dog costume and said "yeah yeah yeah." Unfortunately, it didn't come in her size so she had to be a lady bug fairy instead. It was cute and she liked the costume, but EVERYONE was either a ladybug or bumble bee for Halloween! Next year I'm going to have to get a little more creative.
We took Sadie down to Lakeshore Avenue to trick or treat during the day at the shops. She had a blast, eating candy and talking to other kids. We would stop at one place she'd say "tricky treat" "thank you, you welcome." Then shove the candy in my face and say "eat eat eat." Luckily this didn't last longer than a lollipop, sour rope and milky way.
That night because we didn't have anywhere to go we watched "Finding Nemo" on the projector. I was really excited about showing the movie to Sadie because I know how much she likes fish. I was also a little worried that it might be too scary for her.
She loved it and has seen a handful of times now.
Her new thing is at night she grabs all the pillows off our bed, sets them out on the floor and says "movie." She'll sit down get all ready and then we'll have to say "no movie tonight, it's only Monday."
Not long after our first screening of Nemo, we went to Berkeley Bagels for breakfast. While Peter was eating a bagel with lox and cream cheese Sadie asked "what's that?" pointing to the pink fish hanging out the side of the sandwich. What does Peter do?
"Well, Sades, that's, that's.......Nemo."
"OH" she says.
Next to the bagel shop is a book cart with books for a small donation. I picked up a few books I remember from my collection as a kid. "Julius the Gorilla," and "There's A Monster Under My Bed." Sadie enjoyed both of them except the other night we read "Monster" to her and she started waving her hand and babbling on and on about monsters and why doesn't' the boy just "go see mama?"
This might explain why Sadie comes into our room to sleep in the middle of the night, every night! WHOOOOPS!
We are trying to slowly potty train Sadie, we kind of have her on a routine. In the morning she tells me when she has to poop. Sometimes. She's supposed to say "mommy poo poo" when she has to go so we can go over to the potty. Usually she does it but sometimes she just comes over and hugs me so I can get a big whiff of doo doo.
One afternoon while trying to be a cool mom, Sadie and I went to lunch at the Merritt Bakery for a veggie burger, grilled cheese and french fries.
Turns out my kid doesn't like french fries. DOES"T LIKE FRENCH FRIES?????????????
Here I am trying to "fun mommy" and she doesn't even want it.
Her favorite food? Tofu, mushrooms and asparagus. !!!!!! I mean, I'm not complaining AT ALL but I really didn't see that one coming.
enjoy!
xoxo
![]() |
| october 2009 |

2 comments:
AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH.
I love that Sadie wanted to be a hot dog for Halloween. That's priceless.
Miss you guys!!!!
It's cute, the hotdog :)
Get Credit Score Online
Post a Comment