Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Here I am, did you miss me?

Hey there!
It's been awhile and I am dying to blog all about what's been going on over here.
Thanksgiving came and went just like that.
Oh yeah, I should clarify- Our turkey roast from Q'uorn wasn't vegan it was just vegetarian. I left it at home and ended up eating tofu instead on Thanksgiving. We made the veg turkey roast the next day. It's pretty good if you're into the fake meats.
My mushroom gravy turned out really good and I will give you the recipe later. If you have the Real Food Daily cookbook then you don't have to wait, it's from that book.

After Thanksgiving, we moved to a new apartment. What a hassle. I totally spaced on all the things I was supposed to do to prepare for the move, like change our address with the post office and call the phone company and PG and E so that we could have internets and electricity when we moved in.
We didn't have a phone or internets for a week, talk about withdrawal! Even now that that stuff is hooked up, our computer isn't working so I have been waiting for Peter to get home from work to use his laptop.

Sadie decided she doesn't want to sleep at night anymore so I actually haven't been able to use Peter's computer much. I suppose it's because we moved and her room is all switched around and what not.
She keeps going to bed at night and waking up screaming and crying. When I go in to get her she is standing in her crib choking on her tears.
I try calming her down, she falls asleep and then wakes right back up once I put her back in the crib.
I am not really a believer in the "crying-it-out" method so she usually ends up sleeping like a log in our bed while poor Peter barely gets any sleep at all.
Hey, Dr. Sears said it was okay to share the bed with the baby, so it must be okay, right??????

I have faith in our kid though, she'll figure out. (the sooner the better miss Sadie) She usually comes around when she's ready.

Unfortunately, I can't show you any pictures right now. I promise to make up for that and send a few beautiful recipes your way later on down the road too.

Peter celebrated his birthday right before Thanksgiving and his parents came to visit.
Fred made Peter an acoustic guitar. MADE him a guitar. You should see it! (well you will when I upload those photos) I mean it's nuts, totally handmade, with all the neat intricate details you could ever imagine. It sounds awesome too. Did I mention, HE MADE IT?
He said it took something like 1000 hours...............

In other news, Sadie is crawling from one end of the place to the other, pulling up on everything and walking when either Peter or I hold her hands. When she first started doing this we laughed so hard it was difficult to hold on to her. She totally looked like a cross between Mick Jagger and James Brown. She's a little more controlled now that she's had a bit of practice.

She's doing all sorts of crazy stuff now. It's so fun to watch her little personality develop.
Girl is only 9 months old and she's wearing clothes that are for 12-18 month kids. Tall one she is. 72 percentile for height to be exact.
She ate one of everything pretty much on Thanksgiving and has taken a strong liking to Potato Leek soup. She gets all crazy when we feed it to her, shouting and jumping for joy.
Another new and funny thing miss chicken is doing is when Peter or I get close to her face she head butts us. It must be her way of kissing?
I also like to think that when she bites my stomach really hard that means she is telling me she loves me, but who really knows? Maybe our kid is just crazy and a total pain in the bum but we'd never know because we are her parents and we think everything she does is roses.

The one thing I always love is when little kids dance when they hear music.
What I love even more is when it's to something totally off the wall.
Right now, Sadie's favorite dance music is Jay-Z, Justice, Hot Chip, Led Zepplin, Alkaline Trio and Lifetime (naturally) just to name a few. She also dances to most of Peter's metal and hardcore songs on the Ipod which is the funniest of all.

Finally, the weather has gotten colder here. It's cold enough that I can actually say, "oooh, I'm cold!"
I still think about the winter in Jers, though. I luuurved that snow!

Until next time!
enjoy!
xoxo

2 comments:

j.cro said...

I missed you and I'm glad you're back. I can't wait to see all the photos!!

Jen Treehugger said...

I missed you!
Hope Sadie settles down at night time soon.
And my OH would be so jealous of Peter's handmade guitar!
How cool is that!!