Wednesday, May 14, 2008

3 month old balding, farting, flying chicken

Little Sadie is 3 months old!
It's funny the things you learn by mistake.
I've been reading about how babies like the sounds of the womb. It is suggested that they like classical music, calming music and those weird "womb" noise machines.
I have been playing some music for Sadie that I thought would help her sleep. For the most part it's very mellow, ocean sounds, meditative music that helps calm and soothe. At night it works great she sleeps soundly and so do I. She still loves a good Bee Gees dance sesh before the mellow music though.
Last week while putting her down for a morning nap, she was crying and I was fumbling around with the ipod trying to find the music I usually play for her when I accidentally hit "shuffle songs" and Lifetime came on. "Ostrichsized" to be exact. Wouldn't you know it, crying stopped and sleep happened, just like that!
And then it hit me. Sadie's sounds of the womb are Lifetime, and Peter's ipod!
While I was pregnant she went to at least 3 Lifetime shows with me and we usually listened to Peter's ipod while at home or in the car!
Who knew that hardcore and metal could soothe a baby to sleep!

We also had our first PDP (public display of puke) in the diaper aisle at the SF Costco. It's my own fault, she had been warning me for a few minutes but I didn't catch on. Peter kept asking "why is she making that noise" "what does that noise mean?"
I just kept saying "who knows, it could mean anything from hunger to sleep, to I hate shopping."
Turns out it meant I'm-going-to-barf-if-you-don't-burp-me.
It's my own fault. I fed her in the car before we went in and then we started talking and I think I forgot to burp her.
Luckily we were in a corner and the curds and whey hit the ground, not me and I don't think anyone really saw.
I thought Peter was going to die, I just laughed and Sadie cried for a second.
The best part though, was when we were just about to leave and this woman comes over to say 'hi' to Sadie and Sadie sneezed and a huge glob of snot came flying out her nose. The woman just said "oh my" and walked away.
Again, I just laughed. Love that chicken!

Over the weekend, my mom and I flew down to San Diego to see my grandparents and Uncle Marc. I was really nervous about flying with my chicken. I didn't want her to cry and be unhappy.
We were very lucky, Sadie was a perfect little chicken. She slept the entire time on the trip out and sucked her pacifier, which she usually spits out right away. On the way back she woke up just before landing and just sat on my lap and smiled at my mom.
She put on her best public persona all weekend, smiling, blowing bubbles and making noises. Everyone was so impressed with her.
The best part was that my grandpa, who is mostly blind and deaf got to hold her.
Sadie is named after his mother so it was very special for him to be with her.
Even though his can't see or hear much, grandpa is very sharp. He has a computer with a talking mouse and super large screen. Sadie and grandpa enjoyed the sounds of the Big Band Era on his computer one night.
My grandma also celebrated her 79Th birthday while we were there so my uncle had us all over for a BBQ at his pad.
Our experience at the San Diego airport was pretty interesting.
The skycap outside never asked us for our ID's. When we got to the security checkpoint, my mom handed over her boarding pass only to find out that she had David Thompson's boarding pass instead!
Then, I decided to test the security checkpoint by not removing my hippy sling before going through the scanner. Sadie was asleep and I just didn't want to wake her up.
Of course, I was frisked. Only the lady frisking me just kept blabbing about how she wished she had a sling like mine when her kids were young, blah, blah, blah.
I guess San Diego isn't a high risk security airport.
After we found our gate and sat down to wait for our flight, my mom found these on the floor.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Whoever lost those is probably pretty upset, don't you think?
Sadie has started making a lot of noise and is getting pretty good at sucking her whole fist into her mouth. She can roll over from her tummy to her back and has starting reaching for things. She loves to hold on to mommy's hair and necklace. My mom was playing with her in the airport and she started reaching for her fingers.

The chicken has really started losing her hair, I found a bunch of it in her moses basket. She's pretty much bald on one side of her head and a patch in the back.
She's also really holding her own in the farting department. I know you're thinking, how could I call a little baby passing gas farting, but seriously that's what it is. Just ask my mom. She witnessed it in full effect one morning when she went to say 'hi' to Sadie and she let out a huge fart fit for an old man!
But Sadie is just so freaking cute that when she farts like that we just laugh until we cry.

While we were off hanging out with fam, Peter went up to Sac to hang with friends. Sadie was so happy to see her daddy when we got back. She fell asleep on him shortly after her bath.

Oh chicken how we love you!
xoxo


sadie week 12

No comments: