Monday, May 12, 2008

Big baby chicken

Big changes this week in the world of baby chickens!
Sadie has out grown most of her 0-3 month pants and onesies already!
Apparently, we have a long chicken. 74th percentile to be exact.
She has discovered her tongue and eats her fists.
She smiles, makes noises and holds her head up by herself regularly now.

I've always been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of gal and I
figured I'd just let my chicken do the same.
Up until now she has been waking up, eating and sleeping at totally
random times with no real consistency or pattern.
Then on Tuesday, Sadie decided that she needs a little consisntcy in her life. she has started waking up around 7am-ish and going to bed at
night around 9pm. She even slept in her own room alone for 3 nights until I
decided I just wasn't ready to sleep without her in our room yet.
Before this very exciting turn of events, Sadie wasn't hitting the crib until at least 10pm and wake up time was all over the place.
Guess she decided to give Mommy a break.
We're still working out nap times and places during the day but at
least we're making progress!!

We have also come to the conclusion that chickens do not like
shopping. She cries every time we go into a store or when I am about to try
something on.
Trader Joe's makes her hungry and H+M makes her hot. Old Navy is too
noisy, Gymboree has too many racks of clothes and mommy bumps into them
with the stroller and so on and so forth.

This is good and bad. The good side is I save p;eter a lot of money by not
shopping, the bad part is I have nothing to wear and Peter has to do the
grocery shopping after work. I don't mind not having anything to wear,
but I love grocery shopping!

On Wednesday, Sadie and I rode the bus and BART to SF to have lunch
with Peter.
I have to say, I love my hippy sling. It's the best $47 I've ever
spent.
Sometimes it's just nice to put my chicken in her pouch and go!
I also love public transportation, we always meet such strange
characters like this guy-

Photobucket
Taking neck beard literally.

Grandpa came for a visit on Thursday and on Sunday I celebrated my
first Mother's Day.

Peter treated me to a deluxe mani/pedi. The shop was filled with a
bunch of new moms and Peter and Sadie.
Who new red nails danglng in front of a chicken's face could be so entertaining!
After that we made a delicious brunch.
Later that day we met up with my parents and had some sushi.

It was a very good Mother's Day and it was a very good week!

xoxo

sadie week 11

No comments: