Introducing, Sadie Amelia Martin.
Born Friday, February 22 at 3:30pm.
Weighing in at 7lb 10 oz.
I had planned to post on Thursday when I started having contractions and continue on when I got to the hospital, but I never got it together to do so and then it turns out I can't blog from my Blackberry so I'll just have to catch you up now.
I'm a little short on time so I am going to invite you to look here for photos.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kidcupcake/TheFirstDaysOfSadieAmeliaMartin
I woke up Thursday morning with pains in my back. They continued through out the day and by the time Peter got home from work that night, I was having contractions about 10 minutes apart.
I managed to clean the apartment, cook dinner and pack everything extra I needed for the hospital.
I even did a little yoga upstairs that evening.
By Midnite, my contractions were 5 minutes apart.
I took a shower, dressed and called the doctor.
At 2 am we were admitted to the hospital.
Of course just as we arrived several others came in too.
I went with out pain medication until I was 4cm dialated. Finally we were taken to our room and I was given an IV and an epidural.
Peter saw the whole thing go down, big needle and all.
Contractions hurt, I must say but it was more fun than I thought experiencing them.
I even thought for a split second maybe I wouldn't go through with the epidural but then I realized how dumb that idea was.
We chilled in our room for a long time. A little after 1 pm on Friday, I started pushing and Sadie appeared shortly thereafter.
Peter was way more involved in the delivery process than we expected.
Our isolation room was our delivery room. Peter and the delivery nurse were counting and coaching and the doctor was coming in and out of the room sitting on the edge of the bed and telling me what was happening.
I totally expected it to be way more clinical than that. Overall, the "homey" feel of the whole thing was an unexpected surprise. Peter cut the cord and all.
The best part about it was he got to call out the sex.
We had been thinking we were having a boy this whole time so you can imagine the surprise when it was a girl!
Labor and delivery was much easier than I expected. I would totally do it again, no problemo!
Sadie looks just like her daddy. She sleeps all day and parties all night. I mean she's only 3 days old so who knows really what she's into but for now she doesn't like to be swaddled and she loves a good cuddle and rock 'n' roll blanket from Mookie.
We're both totally beside ourselves with joy and can't believe such a beautiful, perfect little thing could have come from us! Well, actually, we can but it just doesn't seem real.
Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be more excited either. My dad already went shopping and bought Sadie some new outfits!
I probaby won't be posting anything food related for a while, just because. :)
You can bet I'll be filling you in on the progress of Miss Sadie though. I'll try not to be too annoying about it I promise.
enjoy!
xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment