Wednesday, April 27, 2011

12 things

1. Sadie asked for and received a guitar for Christmas. Now she wants to play the drums.
2. Sadie started preschool, several boys at school have told me they love her. This is not ok with her dad.
3. Sadie turned 3 and knows what "BFF" means.
4. We went to Maui for a week. Sadie stayed behind with M+ P and G+ G. We stayed at The Ritz, it was amazing in so many ways I can't tell you yet.
5. Sadie started and finished ballet in 2 months. She is now a prima ballerina and is ready for something new.
6. It is now spring in SF. That means it is 40 in the morning, 63 in the afternoon and the weather man always forgets to mention that there is a chance of rain.
7. We are very happy with our choice to move into the city.
8. We started eating meat again. It's both fun and disgusting. I'm still collecting vegan cookbooks.
9. Sadie's 3 favorite books are 1) The Art of War 2) The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius 3) What's Your Poop Telling You?  She sleeps with one or all of them every night.
10. We have a Betta fish named Frank, he's blue and is quite magical
11. Sadie sleeps in her own room now. FINALLY. She must have all lights on, a small book, a tissue and friend in her bed. She also has to watch me walk out of the room and turn to the left to go to our room. Sometimes I go to bed and sometimes I sneak through the kitchen back into the living room. She doesn't have to know that though. Frank sleeps on his shelf, if her blankets so much as slip off her shoulder she comes running into our room to be tucked in again. "At least she's in her room," I keep telling myself. 
12. I guess my blog isn't about food anymore. You can blame it on Roc, who told me I should keep a diary about Sadie way back when he first came to see her when she was two weeks old.  I bet he doesn't even read this anymore :)

enjoy
xoxo

p.s. there are some videos in this album if you want to have a look around. Sades is a funny bird.

3 comments:

SKATER-BABY said...

She is so beautiful!

j.cro said...

I love the new blog look and the new photos of Sadie are fan-effin-tastic. I miss you guys!! xoxoxoxooxooxoxoxoxooxoox

Cheryl said...

Hi Martin...love all the pics of Sadie. She's getting so big and such a cutie. So great that you and Peter went to Maui. Lucky ducks. ~Santos