
This is the only picture I have of Sadie this week.
It doesn't really do her justice. Peter took it the other night. She was dancing around in her high chair and hanging over the side.
Sadie's new favorite band is Hall and Oates. "Maneater" to be exact. Which is funny because that used to MY favorite song way back when.
When the song came on our Ipod the other day, she went nuts, dancing around smiling and waving. She mostly shakes her shoulders if she's sitting down. When she's on the floor she'll shake her shoulders and sometimes get on all fours and shake her booty.
Drums seem to be Sadie's thing. Any song with a good drumbeat she grooves to. Tonite during dinner, she started dancing to a Biffy Clyro song. I noticed it had a pretty groovy drum beat. She always seems to dance at the beginning of songs when the drums start, therefore indicating to me that she likes drums.
The other day, we out running errands in the rain. It was so nice to have a cold and dreary day after a few days of 60 and sunny.
For some reason, that day every other mother and their children were out doing errands as well.
Normally, I wouldn't even notice this, but Social Butterfly Sadie kept waving to everyone and saying "eyeeee." Naturally, strangers wanted to talk to us which as you know is my most favorite thing to do :)
The funny thing about this is that Sadie has no problem waving and talking to people when she's in my arms or in Peter's arms. But when you get her around other kids to play, she doesn't know what to do!
I'm pretty sure Sadie won't be walking by her birthday. Which is just fine by me. It's hard enough keeping up with her while she's crawling, I can't imagine what it will be like once she's walking!
Right now, she's pointing at things and touching anything within arms reach.
As soon as I pick up one area, she comes along behind me and pulls everything out.
Every time I move into another section of the house, she's right there playing with something.
I've stopped picking up her toys in her room and just started piling them on the floor instead. A girl's got to pick her battles..............
If Sadie doesn't start the day out by eating exactly half of a banana fuhgettaboutit. Girl can't function without her banana! I've tried to mix it up a little by offering different fruits in the morning, but no, bananas only. After the banana has been consumed, waffles, toast or cereal can be eaten.
In the afternoons, bread and cheese products only. Occasionally a veggie or some type of fruit will do but mostly bread or cheese products only.
For dinner, it's all about the veggies and legumes. Last night, Sadie ate an entire bowl of peas in about 2 minutes flat. Maybe it was my fault for putting all the peas in the bowl at once.
Lately, Sadie has realized that each hand is capable of holding one piece of food.
For instance, if I set a square of cheese down on the tray, she'll pick it up with her left hand and transfer it to her right. Then she'll look at me with the left hand extended and look back at the right. She'll continue to do it until I give her another square of cheese so that both hands are full!
enjoy!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment