Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Only a few weeks left....

Only a few weeks left and our little chicken will be 1 year old!!!!!
I just can't believe it.

In fact I'm having such a hard time believing it, I didn't even take any pictures this week!

Things are really starting to come together. Sadie is turning into a little person with a personality all her own.
The whole thing is just mind blowing to me.

She hugs and kisses(if you consider a slobbery open mouth touch to your cheek a kiss)sometimes. Mostly hugs, the kisses are just a nice surprise.

The one downside of having such a happy baby is that she is friendly to EVERYONE. I mean EVERYONE in the biggest capital letters you can find. Sometimes it's funny to watch her wave and stare at people and other times it's annoying. Why does everybody feel the need to come over and talk to us all the time? Just because we have a baby doesn't mean we are friendly people, you know!
I never know what to do when a stranger tries to touch Sadie. It always happens so fast that I don't have a chance to move her out of the way.
It also doesn't help that Sadie has started to notice people's hair.
Watch out, if you get too close she grabs it, making for more conversation with strangers!


We finally broke down and bought a "family" car last week. As much as I enjoyed rebelling against all those other families with their nice big room-enough-for-seven cars it had to be done.
Driving around in a 2-door sports car just really wasn't cutting it. What was cutting was the door on the side of my leg!
Getting a baby in and out of the back seat like that hurts after a while!
I would purposely spread my errands out on different days so that I could keep the in and out to a minimum.

At first I was sort of sad to see the car go. Peter has taken such good care of that car and he loved it a whole bunch. But when we got into the new car and started talking about buying it, my feelings changed and I haven't looked back since.
Gone are the days of bruises up and down my legs (not a hot look in case you're wondering).

Sadie is much happier too. She can see more than just the back of a black seat.
We upgraded to a new car and she gets to move into a new car seat too!
I had been wondering why every time we put Sadie into her car seat she looked so big against it. DUH! She's too tall for it. Way to go bad mommy!

Sadie's new favorite food is the whole grain Quinoa and Israeli cous cous blend from Trader Joe's. The first time I gave it to her, I just fed her off my plate. She ate so much I had to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for myself because there wasn't enough for me to eat!
The other thing Sadie is real into are roasted veggies.
She's pretty much given up on eating her own food and only wants to eat what we're eating. So I have to be very clever about how I feed her now. Just to make sure she's getting the right nutrition.

We've got the bedtime routine down and we're all sleeping through the night which has made for a much happier household let me just say.
While Sadie is brushing her teeth I have been reading Dr. Seuss to her. My parents scored some serious Dr. Seuss goods. Not only are they building our book library but they have been purchasing the Dr. Seuss stuffed animals that go with the books!
It's so cool. Whenever I read a book I put the stuffed animal on my lap with Sadie. When I finish reading the book, I put the animal to bed. Sadie thinks this is real funny.
The other thing that has helped are these totally awesome Rockabye Baby CDs that Mookie and Pop Pop got for Sadie for Christmas. The Rolling Stones and AC/DC are my faves so far. We also have Pink Floyd, The Ramones and Radiohead, which are all good too.
Every night, I turn out the lights and turn on the Ipod, Sadie puts her head down on my shoulder and closes her eyes, just like that!

If you love xylophones, glockenspiels and all those other neat instruments like I do, you need to check those CDs out.

Any music with a good beat makes Sadie dance. She's moved on from the Verizon Vcast commercial with We Are Scientists to the a T-mobile commercial. It usually comes on when we're watching Gossip Girl (that's right, I said Gossip Girl) online.
She shakes her shoulders and says "da da da!"

As much as I hate to admit it, we started showing some videos to Sadie. I can see how it would be really easy to plop your kid down in front of a TV and just leave them there for hours. That actually really scares me when I think about it long enough.
But, on Netflix in the "Watch Instantly" section they have some pretty cool animated shows to watch.
Two of Sadie's favorites so far are Pocoyo and Hopla! Pocoyo is British and Hopla is Belgian. Both are real cute and make Sadie squeal with delight.

While we were in Arizona, on a Saturday morning we turned the TV on to CBS and this show called "Sushi Pack" was on. Not only did Sadie really dig it, but Peter and I were pretty in to as well. It's about these little Sushi dudes (Tako, Maguro, Ebi, you get the idea) who fight the Titanium Chef and his evil doers. Unfortunately, I can't find any episodes online so that's gonna have to wait until Grandma and Grandpa's. Or maybe now that we've broken down and gotten ourselves a nice little grocery getter of a car we'll get a TV.
Yeah, right!!!! As if!

enjoy!
xoxo

No comments: