I think it's so interesting how YSL originally wanted to become an actor but was discovered by Christian Dior at the age of 21 and then went on to head the Dior house after his death in the 50s. his color palette and tailoring was impeccable and most of his designs are timeless.
Later that week, I went to the Oakland Museum with Michelle and Tyler to see the Dia de los Muertos exhibit and stumbled upon another exhibit called LA Paint.
The Muertos exhibit was small and a little disappointing. I love, love, love that holiday and really like to see all the skulls and brightly colored art and alters during that time. There were a few really neat alters but the exhibit was only in one small room so it was a little disappointing.
The LA Paint exhibit was very cool. Most of the artist's paintings were very hip with bright colors and interesting stories.
Little Miss Sadie is pulling herself up to standing with no problem now. As you can see by the pictures, she is chewing on her crib and standing up and really enjoying herself. I think I have lowered her crib 3 times in 2 weeks!
Sadie loves to find new things to pull herself up on. The other day while I was brushing my teeth, she started pulling up on my sweatpants. She pulled so hard my pants fell down!!!
Our new favorite activity during the day while Peter is at work is to go to the Bay Street Mall just down the street from our house and sit and watch the people go by.
Sadie likes to wave at everyone and everything. People stop and talk to her and she just shrieks and giggles the whole time.
I feel bad that we hang out at the mall. It's not my first choice. I would much rather sit at a park all day and look at trees and grass and what not but I haven't found one that's walking distance and getting on the bus and BART costs money so for now, the mall will do. There's plenty to look at and it seems that I am not the only mom who has this idea.
On Friday, Sadie and I met Peter in the city. We then went over to Pizza Orgasmica to have pizza with friends. Sadie's friend Aiden was there. Aiden is about 5 months older than Sadie. Watching the two of them together is hilarious. It's like two birds doing mating calls. They stare at each other, look away and make these funny sounds that the other responds to!
One of these days, we'll make some friends with kids so that Sadie can play with more kids her age, until then, mommy and daddy will just have to do!
Sadie continues to surprise me with her adventurous eating habits. She really hasn't turned her nose up at anything except plain yogurt. On Saturday Peter was craving Mexican food so we stopped by Juan's and ordered up some food. I treated Sadie to a taste of my refried beans. Girl ate almost the whole plate!
She is also drinking from a regular cup if it is being held by one of us. If we don't hold it, she still tries to drink from it but usually knocks it over and splashes the water all over the place.
I don't know if this is a good or bad thing to do. I figure, if she's happy, then what am I worried about?
enjoy!
xoxo
![]() |
| sadie week 38 |

2 comments:
Luca just started standing too..but not as much as Sadie!
Remember Deville was a total scardy cat and wouldnt even crawl until over 9 months!
She's so happy to have discovered her legs!!
WoooHooo!
I totally dig Yves Saint Laurent!
Post a Comment