I'm not even sure I could put into words the extreme excitement, hope and satisfaction I feel about Obama winning this election anyway. I can't even begin to explain how deeply saddened and disappointed I am that Proposition 8 actually passed here in California.
Last night while watching Obama's acceptance speech (and a brilliant speech it was) all I could think about (besides how truly happy I was that he won and that I am able to share in this historic event) was that Sadie will be 4 years old when he is up for re-election. She may not even remember that Obama was president when she was a baby. If he is re-elected for a second term, she will be 8 years old when he is out of office. This she may remember.
It's so exciting to me to think that by the time Sadie is old enough to vote, things like same-sex marriage and a black man as president may be normal to her.
And that's all I have to say about that...............
On our way back from voting we stopped off at Starbucks to get our free coffee for voting.
Outside we found this on ground.

If I did, do you think they would taste like chicken?
Sadie is fully teething now. She has 3 and half teeth going. That last top tooth is really giving her run for her money (well okay, maybe a run for her rattle, since she really doesn't have any money).
She went from no teeth to popping all of them at once, crazy chicken that kid is.
Those teeth are sharp too! The other day while I was feeding Sadie lunch, I turned away to look at something and she leaned over and bit me! Teeth marks and everything, geez girl!
If Sadie was an 80's break dancer, her best move would be the Centipede.
We've begun to think she might walk without crawling. There's a lot of forward motion going on, just not full crawling. She does pull up on things and loves to stand. She can move herself sideways while holding onto the couch too, if there's something she wants to get at.
Sadie's favorite weekend activity is attacking Peter while he's trying to sleep in. It's hilarious. I always pull her away and try to entertain her and she just goes right back over to him.
I'm also having a great time watching Sadie with her toys. As she gets older, it's so fun to watch her pull each toy out of her toy box and spread them around the floor. She gets so excited by some and could care less about others.
In other news, Jimmy is back in the band. Pat is still around too.
Of course, Peter and I think this all very funny, and you're probably thinking to yourself "who the hell cares, you guys are crazy with your dumb names for everything."
enjoy!
xoxo
![]() |
| sadie week 36 |

No comments:
Post a Comment