Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vegan Mofo: Hazelnut Tarts

I made some hazelnut cupcakes for a dinner party a few weekends ago.
Photobucket They turned out pretty good. I wasn't too crazy about the spices in the cake and I felt that the filling was too thick to be in the center of a cake.
All the same, everyone ate them.

I had a bunch of filling left over and some of the glaze too so I thought I would fool around with it and see what I could come up with.

Behold- HEAVEN IN A HAZELNUT TART SHELL

Photobucket

Hazelnut shortbread crust with a coffee mousse filling and chocolate ganache glaze topped off with praline crunch.
I ask you, DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?

Even Peter, whom as you know isn't a big sweets eater went nuts over these pieces of deliciousness.

Therefore, I am keeping this recipe a secret. It's too good to share. So if you want to try them, you'll just have to come over.

But don't you worry your pretty little heads, I'll have more recipes before the week is over!

Oh, and YES these suckers are VEGAN!!!!!

enjoy!
xoxo

3 comments:

j.cro said...

But I live 3000 miles awaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can I have the recipe????
I will come visit you some day.

Scott Dubya said...

Hazelnut butter and jam on toast is one of my favorite breakfasts. And hazelnut gelato with chocolate. As far as nuts go, hazel is up there near the top.

Bethany said...

they look really amazing. cupcakes do too! yummy stuff.