Peter, Sadie and I drove up. Sadie was great in the car except for the first night. She cried from Emeryville to Redding. The following day and the trip back though, she slept pretty much the whole way.
Sadie got to meet her cousins Riley and Mallory and hang out with Mookie, Pop-Pop, Uncle E-dawg, Jif, Lisa, Eric and Annabelle. It was so cute to watch Mallory trying to play with Sadie. She kept poking her in the eyes. Sadie would just blink it off.
Sadie has suddenly taken a very strong liking to her pacifier. I suppose it's because her gums hurt. I notice she chews on her bottle while drinking so I assume that's what she's doing to the paci as well.
As usual, our little chicken was the vision of perfection while on vacation. It wasn't until we returned to Redding that she started fussing again.
Now I say, she fussed but really with this kid, even when she cries, hard it's nothing. To us though, we see how she is at home and then in public so it seems like fussing to us.
The drive from Redding to Sunriver was so beautiful. It didn't seem like 5 hours at all.
The house we stayed in was really nice and our bed was super comfy, I could have stayed there all day. (not to mention we had cable TV in our room, which as you know we don't have at home).
The house also had a terrific jacuzzi. There were jets everywhere and a lounger seat I took full advantage of. While we were in the jacuzzi, Sadie sat in her car seat and looked up at the trees. She sure loves trees.
Sadie's teeth haven't come in yet. I assume they are coming any day now. However, how would I know????
Sadie started sleeping in her own room this week. I have slept in there for 2 nights just to make sure everything is okay.
Each night she wakes up screaming because she has rolled over and is at a diagonal and has gotten stuck.
She is really moving and shaking these days. I had to start strapping her into her boppy chair because the other day I put her in it to take a shower and when I finished she was on the floor!
Miss chicken is also really reaching and grabbing for things. Not only does she hold her bottle sometimes, she holds Peter's beers, my hair and glasses and just about anything else she can get her hands on. She's strong too. Most of the time she grabs and squeezes hard.
We are wondering if Sadie is going to crawl at all. She loves to stand. When I sit on the couch she loves to stand next to me.
If you put her on your lap, she stands up and grabs at you.
It would be funny if she just goes for it with walking.
enjoy!
xoxoxo
![]() |
| sadie week 25 |

1 comment:
chipmunk pedi's!
picures look amazingly beautiful!
Post a Comment