Monday, July 14, 2008

OM chicken

This week we experienced some big changes.
Sadie started eating rice cereal. At first she wasn't too into it. She fussed and cried and made a big mess.
Peter was first to try feeding her the cereal. As usual she gave him the business.
I tried with little luck as well. By the third day however, she ate almost the entire bowl. (it's a pretty small bowl).

"They" say that you know when your baby is ready to eat solids because they become more curious about the food on your plate.
Well, if that is true, then Sadie is ready. She usually ends up sitting on my lap during dinner or we eat our dinners on the floor in front of her Boppy.
Maybe now is a good time to start looking at high chairs?

Our little chicken has become quite the acrobat too. She just loves to hang upside down with Peter and when she's sitting/standing on me she likes to arch her back over my leg and just chill.
We play airplane all the time now, she loves that one.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Sadie found her voice. Boy has she found it. We have a screamer folks.

She has also found her feet which is just the cutest thing. She grabs them when we change her diaper and she stares at them other times.
One morning Peter was playing with Sadie and she grabbed his hands with both her feet and her hands!
Photobucket

Sadie and I went for a walk the other day and saw this crazy cactus plant over on Horton Street.
I thought you might like to see it.
Photobucket

Over the weekend we went to my parents house. My grandparents are visiting from San Diego.
Peter always gets so excited when he sees the cows on the hill.
Photobucket
The thing about the cows is that my parents don't live on a farm or even in the country for that matter.
There just happens to be cows on the hill next to where they live.
They come right down to the fence on the street and moo.

I also did something I swore I'd never do. I signed up for my first (and last) Mommy and Me yoga.
I had an idea of what the class would be like but I thought I'd try it anyway.
I thought, maybe these classes aren't all the same everywhere, but alas, they are.
I'm not much of a group activity-type person to begin with.
The class was an hour long. I think we actually worked out for maybe 30 minutes, if that. The rest of the time everyone talked about "How things were going."
It was fun to see Sadie in a room with other babies though. I don't really have any friends with babies her age. That kid sure loves an audience (insert my mother's voice saying "just like her mommy."here)
She puts on a great show in public.

enjoy!
xoxoxo
sadie week 20

No comments: