Time is going by way too fast!
I feel like before we know it Sadie will be asking to borrow the car or going on her first date. It hurts to think about it.
This week went by fast too.
My grandparents were here for a visit which was nice. My cousin Robin and great aunt Jackie came up from Santa Cruz to see us as well. They brought Sadie a really cute elephant that is as big as her. She loves it and talks to it all the time.
Sadie is doing really well with eating rice cereal. She eats a bowl in the morning and at night. I find it funny that she'll eat the cereal but won't take a bottle. But hey, I'm not complaining.
We've also started to fall into a bit of a schedule. Well, at least in the morning and at night. The rest of the day isn't so scheduled yet.
Naps are finally being taken 3 times a day though and I'm proud to say, Miss Sadie sleeps in her own room during that the time most days.
She's still sleeping in our room at night though. I'm not ready to put her in her own room yet.
I noticed the other day that Sadie likes to talk to our tattoos, which is pretty entertaining. In fact, she pretty much talks to everything. Sometimes she yells at things which is even funnier.
My mom brought over this toy for her to gum on and every time I put it near her she goes crazy and yells at it. I finally had to put it away because she was making me nervous with all the yelling.
Now that Sadie is eating rice cereal she has also taken notice of us eating. She watches (usually because she's sitting on my lap at meal time) the fork go from the plate to the mouth and sometimes she reaches out for the plate.
Sadie also has taken an interest in Peter's beer.

A little chicken and beer never hurt anybody.
In the morning and sometimes before naps we play a game with each other where I stick out my tongue and she copies me.
She sticks out her tongue at the most random times now too.
Peter is still really the only one who can make her laugh out loud which is just so cute.
On Saturday we went over to Ian and Tracy's house for some delicious food. Ian went to town on the vegan deliciousness.

We started off with a potato salad with fresh peas, endive and an amazing dressing of which I can't remember what it's called. Sorry.

Then we filled our bellies with corn, okra and fried oyster mushroom Po' boys.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And to top it off, he made cupcakes too!

That's Ian.

This is Tracy.
After we ate Ian and Tracy let us watch some TV since we don't have cable.
It was real fun. Tracy held Sadie and rocked her to sleep while I flipped through some fashion mags and tried to remember life as a hip hairstylist. (It seems so long ago.)
On Sunday, the three of us went into SF to do some shopping.
We parked at the West Oakland BART, home of

I finally got a new pair of jeans. The last time I remember buying a pair of jeans was in LA.
We had a nice little lunch in the cellar at Macy's and Sadie scored some designer duds at Loehmann's for very cheap.
That night we found another use for our stroller.

We're definitely getting our money's worth, don't you think?
So far besides pushing Sadie around, we have managed to cart dry cleaning, car seats, groceries, packages and the most important of all, BEER.

Domo Kune came by for a visit later too. Sadie loves Domo Kune.
Here's some stuff I've been making to eat.

S'mores in the afternoon. Bringing that campfire fun to my living room.

Stuffed eggplant and green beans

Spanikopita pie and "falafel" with tahini dill sauce from Vegan with a Vengeance.
I say "falafel" because I didn't' have chickpeas so I used black beans instead.
They were so yummy, Peter ate half of them before even sitting down at the table for dinner!
enjoy!
xoxo
4 comments:
The cutest little girl in the whole wide world!!!
Oh she is oh so cute.. and you made me very hungry, BUT...
What did fabulous designer finds did you get at discount clothing store Loehmanns?
I adore a good shopping story.
We scored some pink leggings with puple stars, a black halter dress and a lomgsleeve T with black stars. All for under $30!
i knew i was a pro when i used the stroller to bring home a rug I bought off of craigs list( to replace the one covered in spit up) ..the possibilities are endless
Post a Comment