Monday, July 7, 2008

I didn't had dat dawg

Our week started off with a trip to the De Young museum to see the Chihuly exhibit and lunch with my mom and Paula.
Sadie enjoyed looking at all the colorful glass. Especially the room that had all the glass on the ceiling. She squirmed and cried until I took her out of the carrier so she could see everything.
Lunch was great. We at the Pacific Catch restaurant on 9th and Lincoln. I enjoyed a nice seared ahi sandwich with sweet potato fries.

Sadie also went to the pediatrician again. She now weighs 14 pounds and is 25 inches long. She is quite the trooper when getting her shots. She barely cries.

In true chicken form, Sadie drank from her bottle once and hasn't done it since. She also hasn't really laughed again either.
She is however sticking her tongue out at me when I do it to her.
We noticed recently that she also reaches for me when she wants to be with me. That's real cute.

Peter and Sadie have been playing games with each other. She loves it when he holds her upside down.

Something else that is really funny about Sadie is that since we have been taking so many pictures of her with our cell phones, every time we hold it up now she poses like she's getting photographed. When I feed her sometimes I like to read emails or surf the web. She always stops eating, looks up at my blackberry and strikes a pose.

Octavio and Ashley came to visit for the 4th of July weekend.
Ashley brought Sadie some really cute clothes from Puella and some some board games for when she gets a little older.
She also brought her a leopard print string bikini, but I just couldn't bring myself to put it on her. Maybe when she gets a little older.

We had a good time with Roc and Ashley. We started off the morning with my version of Eggs in Purgatory.
Eggs over easy on top of Ciabatta bread baked with Marinara and fresh Mozzarella.
Later that day we grilled up some shrimps, scallops and veggies. I made Banana Pudding and Vegan Red Velvet Twinkies with Cream cheese filling that I made with my new twinkie pan.The twinkies actually came out looking a little like hot dogs. I thought I had some brown cupcake papers and was going to put a little yellow squiggle on top to make them look like dogs, but alas, no brown papers.
Photobucket
Who knew you could get so many eggs on one griddle!
Photobucket
Just the bread, sauce and cheese alone is a tasty treat!
Photobucket
Nothing like a C-minus to start off the morning!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any fireworks. But we did manage to swim and chill in the sun.
Peter and Roc played a few rounds of Dominoes while Ashley and I played with Sadie.
The following morning before Roc and Peter left for the driving range, I whipped up a batch of corn cakes and soyriso scrambled eggs.
Photobucket
That night we walked down to Rudy's
The weather was so nice. Sadie did a little break dancing on the table in one of her new outfits. We tried leaving Sadie with Ashley for a bit while we went to hang out in the jacuzzi. She made it about 15minutes before looking around for me and screaming bloody murder. It's nice to know I'm needed!
The weekend went by pretty fast and we were sad to see Roc and Ashley go.
So sad in fact that Peter and I treated ourselves to some Creme Fraiche pancakes from La Note. Then we spent the rest of the day in bed chilling with Sadie.
Later that night I threw all of our leftovers (potatoes, salsa, brussel sprouts, onions, black beans, corn, pepitas) into a casserole dish with some tortillas and baked it.
The result was delicious. Topped off with some chipotle mayo, mmmmm.
Photobucket

On Monday, Dwain and Gary got married at City Hall in SF. The ceremony was nice. Sadie wore her rainbow pants in honor of gay marriage.
It was so cute. There were gay couples everywhere wearing matching outfits waiting to be married.
After the ceremony, we lunched at Chevy's. The weather was so nice on the way back to BART I walked down the Union Square before hopping on the train to come home.

You'll see in some of the pictures below, Sadie's hair is starting to grow back. This makes Peter happy. He hates her rat tail in the back of her head.
I can't wait to see what her hair looks like!

enjoy!
xoxoxo
sadie week19


p.s. if you want a recipe for any of the things I mentioned this time let me know.

No comments: