Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sadie Week 3 and a bunch of other things

Look! You can subscribe to my blog now! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Thanks to Peter you don't have to remember to look at my blog anymore, we'll do the work for you!

First things first. We recieved a wonderful brownie pan in the mail a little while ago and wanted to thank the sender.
However, there's a little bit of a problem with that. We don't know who sent it to us!
You see, my mom called me one day and told me about these great silicone brownie molds that she found on QVC and would like some? I of course said 'yes.'
Then a few days later, the actual brownie pan that I posted about on my blog appeared at our doorstep addressed to Sadie.
Peter and I opened the packaged and started laughing, thinking that my mom was a space case and this pan was not in fact silicone. We threw out the box and reciept and made some delicous brownies with the pan.
Days later when my mom came to hang out we made fun of her for saying one thing and ordering another. Except she didn't order the pan!

So now, we must apologize for being so dumb. We shouldn't have thrown out the box and reciept without looking at it. Doyeeeeee!
So to whomever sent us this pan, we loooooooooooooooooooooooooove it and would like to write a formal Thank You and extend our deepest apologies to you so please, please, please, tell us who you are!

WEEK 3
So Sadie's third week of life was interesting. She apparently went through a bit of growth spurt. Every night at the same time she would scream inconsolably until she wore herself out. She ate every 20 minutes and still couldn't decide if she wanted to wear clothes or not.
We tried everything we could to calm her. Nothing worked. I suppose we should feel lucky they she only cried for three hours every night instead of all day and all night.
Her cries are pretty funny. She may look like a chicken but she cries like a donkey!
One thing's for sure, she loves to nap on me.
Not next to me or near me, ON me and if I put her down, she will most definitely let me know what she thinks about this. It's nice to be needed like this but it makes it a little hard to get anything done!
Luckily, it seems we have moved past the donkey cries, for now.
We took her out to dinner with my parents last night and she slept the whole time allowing us to enjoy our dinner without stress.

Sadie is growing quickly. We have our first pediatrician appointment on Wednesday with our new doctor at Kaiser. I'm interested to see just how much weight she had gained.
We're feeling pretty lucky so far because Sadie is so mellow.
Everyday I take her for a walk around the same time of day. She loves her stroller and doesn't mind the car seat either. For the most part aside from the growth spurt wails, she only cries a little when she's tired and doesn't want to fall asleep.

Here are some new pics for you.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kidcupcake/SadieWeek3

enjoy!
xoxoxo

1 comment:

j.cro said...

I can't wait to meet Sadie Cakes Chicken Legs. I gots to get me a trip to the Bay Area. Anything would be better than what I've got goin' on now, damn straight!!! Miss you!!!