Monday, October 1, 2007

Crazy East Coast Parties

This weekend, my cousin Harrison had his bar mitzvah on Long Island. It was at a place called The Swan Club. http://www.swanclub.com/
Being that is was my first east coast Bar Mitzvah, I didn't really know what to expect. I have been to bar mitzvahs before of course but this was nothing like those other ones.
When we arrived for cocktail hour there was 4 buffet stations set up around the room, each serving different types of food and a full bar. Eggplant parm, bagels with lox and cream cheese, chicken fingers and fries, the list goes on. It was great and we were hungry. I've never seen so many Jews drinking in one place!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Even my granny and her sister were indulging!
There was a cartoonist drawing people's pictures, a photo area where you could take your picture and have it put into a frame as many times as you wanted. The DJ had his own dancers to get the crowd going. It was crazy.
The centerpieces on the table were made of chocolate, I could hardly contain myself.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dinner was the usual, chicken, prime rib or fish as is the case with most events.
The candle lighting ceremony went pretty fast, we ate, we danced and we met some cousins we've never met.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That's Harrison. His voice and accent sounds just like Joe Pesce.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harrison, Lanny and Randi. I was sitting in a weird spot so my cousin Jeremy had to take the pics for me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My Great Aunt Barb and Uncle Arnold(who was drinking Jack Daniels that day, by the way).
Or "nanny and poppy" as Harrison calls them.
There were leopard print hats, flashing necklaces and rings for us to wear, horas to dance and pictures to be taken.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If that wasn't enough, when it was time for dessert, there was an entire room dedicated to it!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A chocolate fountain, a million different cakes and pies, baked goods and an ice cream sundae station, oh my!
I stood in the dessert room before they started serving for a really long time.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Peter kept making fun of me because I was dancing around the chocolate fountain waiting for it to be turned on.
I dipped marshmallows and brownies, pineapple and pretzels. My cousin Harrison caught me putting a brownie and a marshmallow on the same stick, he laughed in agreement, with chocolate on the side of his mouth.
We had a great time.
The grounds of the club were amazing
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ha! Just kidding......
The weather was perfect, not hot and not cold.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There were waterfalls and lots of beautiful flowers.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The whole place was just amazing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We even saw some tadpoles, well that's what we thought they were anyway.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I kept sharing my amazement with Peter. He simply replied, "yep that's an east coast party for you."
oy vey!

3 comments:

j.cro said...

When I tried to blow up the photos and it takes me to photobucket, I can't seem to find them once I get there. How do I see the photos bigger?

STEPHANIE said...

I don't know? They are automatically made small for the blog.

j.cro said...

But I need BIG dessert photos and BIG chocolate fountains!