Two posts in one day? I know crazy right?
I thought I should tell you this though.
WE'RE MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter and I are going back to the bay area.
That's right folks, we're packing up and trekking across the country once again and we couldn't be happier and more excited.
Now before you go thinking that this was all my doing, I'll have you know that Peter wanted to move back to SF when we were still living in LA, before Lifetime reunited. When Lifetime did reunite and decided to record and tour a little, we (well maybe a little more me) thought it would be fun to give the east coast a try.
New Jersey was a fun time and we (well mostly I) met some good people (and some really flaky people). I'm so glad we came but when faced with the decision of where to settle and raise our kids, we both agree the bay area is where it's at.
Now don't worry, I'm not going to go a rant about how much better it is there or anything.
But I do think I understand now why Peter and his friend Doug always tell me I'm crazy for not thinking the bay area is the perfect place to live.
Sometimes you have to know what else is out there.
I've always wanted to live on the East Coast and I experienced some really cool things that I will never forget.
First the drive across the country was amazing. Even if it was totally stressful and Peter lost his mind.
I think I figured out how to get it back for him though (I expect a pick up somewhere along highway 80 going west).
It was nice to see what other states look (and taste) like.
I conquered my fear of the subway and basements, hell I even worked in a few basements without air conditioning!
I can find my way around NYC pretty well and I realize now it's much more fun to visit than to live. In fact I'm gonna have to say NYC is definately overrated.
I can order coffee correctly and I say "yeah, yeah, yeah" a lot more than I ever said "hella."
I know what a real egg and cheese sandwich is.
I got to see where Peter grew up and meet his friends that he always talked about.
I survived winter, actually I loved the snow and hated the summer.
I saw lightening bugs and heard cicadas, two things we don't have on the west coast.
I also know for sure that you can get avocados in NYC (Peter always told me you couldn't).
NJ isn't as bad as people make out to be. It's pretty neat in fact, it's just not for us.
So, on October 20, 2007 we'll be off. I am looking forward to finding my sunshine and flowers again, I may even hug a tree when we get there.
What's the first thing I'm going to do once we arrive, you ask?
Dinner at the Mecca with the Weintraub's. Burritos and potato tacos for everyone!
xoxo
1 comment:
You name the date and I will make sure that we have the big table reserved. I'm thinking an early dinner so we don't have to anticipate it for any longer than we have to.
It will be great to have you back home.
Post a Comment