Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm full!

So, once again I haven't really been cooking or baking all that much. Well, that's not entirely true, I've been making dinner every night but it's nothing worth writing about.

I started my new job last week. I had planned to cover my belly up for a bit before telling anyone but on my second day of work, this girl called me out in front of everyone so I had to say something.
It was sort of strange though, because I had noticed earlier that morning that my stomach seemed to have popped out overnight. My clothes that I had been wearing two weeks ago suddenly didn't fit anymore! I even fit into my maternity jeans already, which I assumed was a ways off. I mean, they're still a little big but they fit.

Anyway, I told my new boss and she didn't seem to care, so I don't have to cover it up anymore. Which is nice because I'm pretty proud of my little belly. I'm not so proud of my zits though. Nothing seems to be working in that department.
I just keep telling myself, it's a small price to pay for a lifetime of happiness. :)

On Saturday, Peter took me to Summit, NJ to have dinner at Marco Polo.
http://www.marcopolorestaurant.com/
There aren't any windows and there were lots of old people, the food was great.
We had fried Calamari in honour of my FIL, Italian wedding soup, eggplant rollatini, pesto raviolis and tiramisu. It was so good. I was sort of expecting the restaurant to be a little darker and more men with pinkie rings in there but all the same I had a great time.

Then on Sunday, we went into Manhattan and I tried to buy some new shoes but of course the idea I had in my head hasn't come out in stores yet as is always my problem. I'm just too cutting edge!
We had dinner at Balucchi's. It is seriously the best Indian food I have ever eaten. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
was all I could say while eating.

I thought you'd like to see my tummy, it's getting big. I still sort of look like I've either eaten too much for dinner or I might be pregnant.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My sister-in-law, Jenn bought me the "congratulations kit" from Mama Mio.
www.mamamio.com
It smells so good, I can't wait to take another shower. In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now!
xoxo

3 comments:

Alison said...

Dude...you totally look preggo, not full! Yay for you! Oh, I had friends that worked at Marco Polo in the late 90's...so delicious. Oh, we have that same teapot!

j.cro said...

BELLY!!!! I love it!

SKATER-BABY said...

holy toledo torpedo!