Saturday, April 7, 2007

Braised Veggies with Chinese Noodles

I just made this up the other day. After braising those Brussel Sprouts with great success I thought I would try some other veggies and see what happened.
This dish turned out great.
Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of how much of each ingredient I used so all of the measurements in this recipe are approximate. But that's the nice thing about cooking as opposed to baking, you don't have to be so exact!
I hope you like this.......
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Braised Veggies with Chinese Noodles
Serves 2
You will need:
3 Cups baby Bok Choy, leaves and stems
2 cups Bean Sprouts
1 cups Carrots, julienned
1 White or Yellow Onion, chopped evenly
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 ½ cup Shiitake mushroom, sliced
4 Large Asparagus, peeled and chopped largely
2 Scallions, chopped (white part only, saving green for garnish)
Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
½ cup Rice Wine
2 cups Vegetable Broth
¼ cup Tamari or soy sauce
½ tsp. Chili Flakes
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil, for pan
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil for noodles
1 package Chinese noodles, your choice

Prepare noodles according to instructions on package (I boiled mine until they were tender, let them cool and then tossed them in 1T of Sesame Oil)
Heat sesame oil in a large sauce pan or skillet on Medium heat
Add onions, scallions, asparagus and carrots, sauté until onions become translucent
Add Garlic, Mushroom, Ginger and Sprouts; continue to cook until Mushroom is tender
Add the Bok Choy and toss to coat
Add Rice wine (carefully) let boil 1 minute
Add Vegetable Broth, Tamari, Chili Flakes and Salt and Pepper
Bring to boil, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until all veggies are tender and some of the liquid has been absorbed.
Serve over noodles and garnish with green onions

No comments: