Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new revolution in foods

Photobucket

Peter brought home some treats from a client the other day and I just have to tell you about them because THEY'RE AWESOME!

Revolution Foods is a local company dedicated to providing healthy lunches to schools in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles Metro area. Not only do they offer lunches for kids but the faculty as well.

In addition to the healthy lunch program, Revolution Foods has launched a line of healthy snacks for you to use at home. Little kids and big kids of all ages are sure to love these cleverly named treats.
My personal favorite are the Mashups. They come in three flavors, grape, tropical and berry. At $3.99 per box (there are 4 in a box) these 100% pure organic fruit purees are a fun and healthy way to snack. Just pop off the resealable top and squirt a little into your mouth!
The first time (and almost every time there after) I gave Sadie the grape Mashups, she just about snatched it from my hand. Giggling and yelling for more until she had drained every last bit of fruit from the package.
Because the top is resealable you can store the leftover fruit in the fridge for a day or two after it's been opened.
What a great alternative to fruit juice, don't you think?

The whole grain Popalongs come in Cinnamon, cheddar and plain. They are low fat, popped not fried and delicious!
These crunchy little chips are hard to put down. Peter and I ate the cheesy cheese bag and Sadie took a very strong liking to the Cinnamon.

They also have these cute little snack bars called Jammy Sammies. A miniature PB & J sandwich individually wrapped for quick snacking. They come in Apple Cinnamon and Oatmeal, Grape and Strawberry.
As with all of the Revolution Foods products, they are USDA organic, 100% whole grains with no trans fats or high fructose corn syrup or sugars and of course no artificial ingredients.
Because Sadie isn't old enough to eat nuts yet, I have been throwing a Jammy Sammy in my bag when I go out of the house, it's a nice little treat when I need a snack and a little boost of energy.

The applesauce and raisin cups each offer one full serving of fruit in each cup.
They also offer Peanut Butters (that they claim are not affected by the recall) and jams. Those we didn't get to try, but given how much we really enjoyed everything, I have no doubt they are great!

Currently, Revolution Foods are being sold at Whole Foods and information about how to order a school lunch for your child is provided on their website.
www.revfoods.com


Enjoy!
xoxo

1 comment:

Gary G said...

Love it! Always looking for healthy snacks for Adds! I'll look for these...