Monday, October 6, 2008

White Trash Cheese Platter and A Holding Pattern to crawling and teeth

The other night, Peter and I were craving cheese and crackers.
More often than not, we usually have a block of Extra Sharp Tillamook Private Reserve in the fridge. Sometimes a little wedge of brie or something stinky.
Our supply was down this time. There was a little goat cheese, a tiny bit of Tillamook left and some soy cheese slices.
Put it all together and you get this.
Photobucket
Look at that sad little plate.

Little Miss Chicken is about to pop and tooth and go forward across the room any day now.

Until then, she plans to keep us on our toes.

Sadie is turning out to be a good eater (when she eats). She is open to trying new things and likes pretty much everything we have given her so far.
I think the one thing she is still on the fence about is avocado. She makes a funny sound when she eats it and sort of looks at me like "you aren't serious with this are you?"

Today I gave her tofu. She was pretty into it. She is mostly into sweet potato, butternut squash, veggie medley and mango. Veggie medley and mango are her two faves for sure. She also ate up the Pumpkin Pie baby food I had in a jar. I put cinnamon in her oatmeal in the morning and she wolfs it down (on a good day).

I make my own baby food. It's really simple and extremely economical. At first I started with jars of food that I bought at the store but it was a pain. I always ran out and sometimes they didn't have what I wanted.

It's so much fun giving Sadie little tasters here and there of our food and introducing new baby foods to her.

Sadie has been pretty good with the sippy cups we have been throwing her way.
The other day I let her drink out of my glass. She kept taking a sip, letting out a big giggle, rubbing her feet together and grabbing for more. I was pretty impressed by how much water she actually drank and didn't spill on herself.

Addison and Gary came over on Friday to hang out. They were in town visiting from Maryland where they moved about two months ago.
Sadie was excited to see Addi but didn't like it when she played with her toys or sat on her blanket. I thought it was funny. On a day-to-day basis, it's mostly just me and my chicken so it funny to see how she reacts to other kids.

When we went to Aiden's party on Sunday, Sadie didn't even know what to do with all the kids. She just kept looking around at everyone.

I try to read to Sadie everyday, either before a nap or when she goes to bed at night.
Right now her favorite books are "Good Dog Carl" and "Goodnight Gorilla." She is also pretty into "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You See?"
Whenever I read one of those books to her, she waves her legs in the air and barks at the pages, especially "Good Dog Carl." Sadie loves that rottweiler.

Lately Sadie won't fall asleep until I dance her to sleep. I haven't had to do this in a while. Just as I had finally gotten the Bee Gees out of my head too.
The last 3 nights in a row, Sadie hasn't fallen asleep until I dance around the room with her.

Jimmy is still hanging around too but has some new tricks. The latest is the hand pat. Whenever we pick Sadie up or hold her in our laps, Jimmy pats us.
Jimmy also pinches, which hurts especially if Sadie needs her nails cut. Most of the time the pinches happen on the tattoos, I guess because they look like they will come off.

That's all for now!
enjoy,
xoxo
sadie week 32

1 comment:

mamamia said...

I love the "angry lesbian" comment under the pics. Ha ha!