Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Smelly chicken feet

Sadie is 8 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can somebody please tell my why our sweet baby chicken's feet smell so bad???????

Poor Sadie, her feet smell. I guess it's from wearing PJ's with feet on them? She must sweat at night or something. They smell, like feet. I mean, it's not awful it's just that they smell and I feel bad for her. What if this continues into her adult life and she doesn't get asked to the prom or something because of it?

It seems that Jimmy has quit the band. We haven't really seen Jimmy in a while. I think Jimmy may have been replaced with Pat. Pat mostly comes around when I pick Sadie up and hold her in my arms. Pat comes and gently "pats" me on my arm or my shoulder.

Sadie is fully clapping and waving now and making a ton of noise. So much so that she waves and claps at everything and everyone. We find her clapping in her crib when she wakes up. She waves to herself in the mirror and she waves to our Vornado fan in the loft.
She also waves, claps and smiles at strangers. The other day in the Post Office Sadie put on a terrific show. She waved and smiled at everyone and then clapped when they talked to her. This made the long wait go by a little faster.

Before Sadie was here I was really good about reading the baby "handbook." I don't read it so much anymore. Occasionally I have a question or a little time on my hands and I consult it.
Peter and I were worried that Sadie is behind. She isn't crawling and we haven't seen her push up into a sitting position from her tummy yet. God forbid our kid should be an A- and not an A+ you know. I'm not really worried about the crawling thing. She'll get to it when she's ready, but the sitting up thing, she should be able to do.
So I consulted the handbook about this. It said that she should be able to push up into a sitting position by now.
So, of course, we freaked. What's wrong with our baby? Should we call the doctor?

Low and behold, the very next day..............Sadie pushes up into a sitting position. Then, she did the splits, and went from a sitting position to her tummy and back again.
So there, our kid's still an A+. whew!
As for popping the teeth though? She might be a late bloomer on that. Still, nothing.

Meal time is just so much more exciting now that Sadie is eating regular foods. She is mostly interested in what is on our plates. She stops what she's doing, does a quick little scan and then nods in approval.
When she's eating her food, she keeps one eye on ours.
I have been feeding her finger foods. Sometimes she eats them by herself but most of the time I give them to her. The mess she made the first day of eating on her own was cute and funny and all, but after day three of cleaning up after every meal.......maybe the feeding yourself thing can wait just a little longer.

I expected Sadie to be a picky eater. She's actually pretty adventurous.
She loves, garlic powder, hummus, cinnamon, zucchini, sweet potato, split pea soup, potato leek soup, rice, cheese and tofu. That's just a little bit of what she's been eating.

Last weekend we took Sadie over to a Friend's house for dinner.
They live in SF and have a dog. Watching Sadie with the dog was funny. She really didn't know what to do with it. It kept licking her and she just swatted it away. Surprisingly though, she was very gentle with it and pet it a little.
As usual, our chicken was a perfect little chicken. She sat at the table, ate dinner with us and played quietly on the couch.
We're so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy!
xoxo
sadie week 34

No comments: