Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What a week!

Little Miss Sadie is now 16lbs and 26" long. She's sitting on her own, eating real food three meals a day and really developing a little personality.

If looking just liker her daddy wasn't enough, Sadie likes to eat some things he likes too. We have oatmeal in the morning, which at first wasn't a favorite but now girl can't get enough. She also loooooooves carrots and just sucks them down. The sweet peas didn't go over too well but I'm not ready to give up.

Thanks to Caren W. for giving us some jars of food to try. I really like them and will using those along with the making my own food. I'm very excited to make my own baby food. I'm sure it's not really going to be as exciting as I think but hey, a girl can dream, right?

Sadie has become quite the barracuda when it comes to nursing, she's all giggles and grabby and sings while she eats. (that may have been TMI, but it's my blog so.....)

Mookie sent Sadie a rainbow maker and she just loves it. It's a little crystal that is attached to a solar powered wheel that turns when the sun hits it. We just sit on the floor and look at all the rainbows. It's been really hot lately and Sadie's room is the coolest place in the house so we have been spending a lot of time there with the rainbows.

I took Sadie over to the park near our house the other day to sit in the swing.
She was pretty indifferent to it. I suppose it's because we have a swing at home?
Anyway the park is great, it's always empty and a new park is being built just across the street. I can't wait, I am hoping someone in this town gets a clue and creates some shade!

The one thing I really hate about Emeryville is the lack of shade. We just can't catch a break in that department.

On Sunday we went to Golden Gate Park to picnic with Ernest, Tiffany and Aidan. Shawn and Susan were there too with Bree and Antwon. The weather was perfect and it made me miss living in SF.
We brought some delicious tuna sammies that I made, complete with ginger wasabi mayo and avocado on a ciabbata roll.
I ended up cooking the tuna all the way because we weren't sure how it was going to travel, it was pretty tasty all the same.
Photobucket
I also made some cocktail cakes for everyone to enjoy.
Chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling and frosting and chocolate cake with pistachio filling and frosting.
Photobucket

On Monday, Peter and I finally had our movie date. We had planned to do it on Saturday but Peter got called in to work and my parents had to take our tickets.
We dropped Sadie off and saw The Dark Knight.
I even got to drink a Diet Coke!
I think I miss Diet Coke more than alcohol. I stopped drinking caffeine while we were trying to get pregnant and during my pregnancy. I haven't had any until that Coke.
I know the doctors say you're allowed a little, but I just couldn't do it.

This time, Sadie did much better at being away from us. She didn't cry as much and my mom was even able to feed her and get her to take a nap.
Yay Sadie!!!!

enjoy!
xoxo
sadie week 27

No comments: