I should start this week's post by apologizing for all of the typos I forgot to correct in last week's post.
Working on a limited time schedule for posting, I sometimes forget to proof read.
Sadie is 7 months old today!!!!!!!
When Sadie was real little, I used to read a book while I fed her. It was such a great way to enjoy a quiet moment. She would eat and I would cradle and pet her with one arm while holding a book in the other.
Sometimes I would read the news on my Blackberry or answer emails. Other times, I watched a video on the computer.
Occasionally, I would think to myself, "Is this wrong? Should I be directing my attention solely upon my baby?" I mean, it's not as if the rest of my time isn't spent paying attention to her!
As she gets older, Sadie gets more and more distracted by things around her while she's eating. No longer does she fall asleep each time she eats. If she hears the clicking of the keys on the 'berry or the pages of the book turning, she stops. She giggles at the girls on "The Hills" when I watch the latest episode on MTV.com.
So, I have to just sit quietly while Sadie eats. This gives me a lot of time to think. Often I get so into thinking about something that Sadie grabs my hand and puts it on her face or back.
It makes me wonder if she is trying to say "mommy calm down, pay attention to me!"
Then I stop what I am doing and look down at her and try to remind myself to take it all in, because it's never going to be this way again.
Sadie has been given a million nicknames since birth. Chicken, Princess Gruntingchickendonkeycry, Bubby, Boogie, Booger-T-Booger, Sadie Potatie and SAM just to name a few.
In the last week a new development in Sadie's personality happened. It's called "Jimmy."
Jimmy first appeared in Sadie's right leg when we held her up to a standing position. At first we laughed it off. Teasing her about having a Jimmy leg.
Now Jimmy has taken over Sadie's entire right side.
Jimmy appears when Sadie is tired, happy and excited (so pretty much all the time). Her right shoulder shakes and her leg kicks.
When she's nursing before bed Jimmy appears, shoulder jerking, leg kicking hard.
Jimmy appears when Sadie is on the floor rolling around playing. The other day Sadie was playing on the floor while I was getting ready to go out and she backed herself under our dresser. Jimmy just thumped and thumped. The best is when Peter comes home from work and Sadie gets excited to see him. Jimmy is right there to great Peter too.
In the middle of the night when Sadie wakes up to feed, you can hear Jimmy kicking away on the side of her crib.
If Sadie were to start a band, Jimmy would definitely be the drummer.
We're still waiting for Sadie to crawl. She's up on all fours, rocking back and forth. She can do push ups and is still going backwards and in a circle, but no forward motion.
She sits really well on her own, waves her hands around and makes a ton of noise.
I'm thinking now is about time for some musical instruments.
Now, I know you guys like it when I post recipes. Some of you probably even like the recipes more than the postings about my kid.
The thing is, I haven't made anything new in awhile. So, for now you'll just have to deal with my super gorgeous and extremely happy and easy baby.
enjoy!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment