Monday, July 28, 2008

Chicken in a high chair

This week we bought Sadie a high chair.
She seems to really like sitting at the table with us. Peter and Sadie make noises at each other during dinner which allows me to actually eat in peace.

Sadie's new favorite band is Justice. She loves a good dance sesh to them. Our dance sessions have become few and far between due to the fact that it is getting easier to get her to fall asleep.

I started reading to Sadie every now and then a few months ago. Lately, she's really started to show an interest in the books. Her favorite one right now is "Sadie and The Snowman." She even helps me turn the pages sometimes (when she's not trying to put them in her mouth).
Sunday morning, Peter read his Dwell magazine to her. She really enjoyed tasting the pages.

Sadie turns over on to her tummy now and reaches for things. She also has a duck that makes music which she loves very much. Whenever she hits it's tummy and it plays music she looks around for me and smiles.

When I come near Sadie, to either pick her up or feed her she lets out a little squeal. This makes me feel really good.
She reaches out for Peter too sometimes. When he talks to her in the morning, she smiles and puts her hand on his arm.

I read in our Dr. Sears book that around 5 months, babies cry when something is taken away from them. Just like clockwork, Sadie hits 5 months and the other day I took a ribbon away from her that she was chewing on and she totally started bawling!

Both Peter and I just love Sadie's cheeks. We love them so much it's hard not to bite them off.
When we do "play" bite them, Sadie lets out a cute little giggle that just makes us want to bite them even more!

Sunday afternoon, Octavio came to visit for the day. We went to Rudy's for lunch.
While we were waiting for our table we were all talking as Sadie was sitting in her stroller. The next thing we know, an older woman is practically shoving Peter out of the way to look at Sadie. What a weirdo!

Sadie is moving right along with her rice cereal. She sort of drank from her bottle the other day which was exciting. But I'm already over the bottle. The sippy cup is coming soon anyway.

I was able to go to the gym twice last week!
Sadie and Peter partied for 30minutes while I was gone.
It felt good to run again. I think the last time I did was in Liberty State Park just before I found out I was pregnant.

Another exciting thing for me this week. I fit into my smallest pair of jeans!
Woo hoo!

Check out the hors d'oeuvres I made on Sunday.
Smoked Salmon, tomato, cucumber and herbed cream cheese on crostini.
mmmmmmmm
Photobucket

This is a gift I made for my friend Sue who is having a baby boy in August.
Photobucket
Sadie really enjoyed looking at the fabrics for this quilt as well as the finished product.
She would stop whatever she was doing and just stare when I would be working on it.
Photobucket
my MIL made me some really great receiving blankets for my shower so I decided to make some for Sue. They're flannel, really big and great to use for everything!

enjoy!
xoxo
sadie week 22

1 comment:

test it comm said...

Now that is some nice looking crostini!