Monday, June 9, 2008

Floating Chickens

The week went by so fast last week.
Sadie and I went to the Oakland Zoo with Tyler and Michelle. I turned Sadie's stroller seat around so that she could face forward and look at the animals and she's never been happier!
I should have known that riding backwards was more for my benefit than hers.
The animals at the zoo were pretty cool. The giraffes were so beautiful and the alligators were huge!
I think it was more fun for me than for Sadie but that's okay.
On Friday we went into the city to have lunch with Peter. I decided to hoof it from his office back down to the BART. Sadie was just smiling and looking around from her stroller the whole time.
I had no idea that at 3 1/2 months a baby could be so alert. But, she's been pretty alert from day one so I guess I really shouldn't be so surprised.
Sadie had her first swim this weekend. She wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Towards the end she started kicking her feet around in the water, but before that she sort of just looked at Peter and I like "why are you in this big bathtub with me?"
Sadie also did a few other "new" things.
Usually in the morning when we're still in bed I prop her up on pillows or my legs so that she can face us. This time, she pulled away from my legs and sat up on her own. She of course fell forward after awhile, but still.
Sadie is also using full force with her legs. She can stand on my lap while leaning against my shoulder and she can kick my glasses off when I least expect it!

Peter thinks Sadie might grow up to be a chef. Every night around the time I start making dinner, she clings to me for dear life. As I was carrying her around the kitchen last night, he pointed out how absolutely mesmerized she was by what was going on. I guess he forgot how absolutely mesmerized she was last week when he played the guitar for her too. We do spend a lot of time in the kitchen so I suppose it makes sense.

Sadie seems to be getting real long and bald.
Yesterday at Trader Joe's we met a woman with a baby girl who was born just a few days before Sadie. She had a full head of hair but was way smaller than Sadie. She also seemed to be a lot less alert than our chicken.

Sadie's music collection is stating to expand again.
The Cure "Disintegration" is a great sleepy time album, Pat Benatar, is not.
Sadie also loves the Yacht rock collection Peter brought home from Sac. I mean, who doesn't enjoy a little Michael MacDonald and Chicago now and again?

enjoy!
xoxo
sadie week 15

No comments: