Thursday, December 27, 2007

playing catch up

It's been awhile and I know I have been promising pictures for a long time.
Let's face it, there are just too many to post and not enough time.
I uploaded all of our cross country pics onto Peter's computer and still have to get them off.
So for now let's just start with the holidays, shall we?

Thanksgiving came and went quickly. We signed the lease on our new apartment and Peter's parents came to visit.
The weather was so nice on Thanksgiving we were able to sit outside and enjoy our crudite and the lovely view while the turkey was cooking.
Photobucket
We made the usual Thanksgiving dinner, only here in CA we BBQ our turkeys and brine it over night in a salt and water solution.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I made pumpkin dinner rolls and buttermilk biscuits. Both of which didn't turn out to my liking.
Photobucket
There was plenty of wine to go around, including a little Jarhead Red that my FIL brought.
Photobucket
For dessert we had pumpkin pie on a 'Nilla wafer crust and what were supposed to be molten lava cakes.
Photobucket
Apparently when pregnant, I can't bake.
Photobucket
That's Peter's mom, she'll probably be mad that I put a picture of her up here :)
Photobucket
Peter says 'hi' by the way everyone.
Peter's sister, Jenn sent some pretty awesome hand-me-downs for babycakes along with his parents. We scored a really nice moses basket with rocking stand and some blankets, toys, a car seat as well as some other goodies.
Photobucket
and now for a gratuitous belly shot-
Photobucket
don't worry there's more.
The following day, we took everyone out to Emeryville to see our new digs and went for a walk on the marina.
The weather was so nice, the fogues just couldn't get over it.
Photobucket
You could see all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Photobucket
Peter and Fred enjoyed the sun while I followed the ducks around
Photobucket
Photobucket
My dad took us for a little ride over to Heather Farms park in Walnut Creek to show us some more ducks and to see the gardens after we finished our walk along the water in Emeryville.
Photobucket
The ducks at Heather Farms were way bigger than in Emeryville.
Photobucket

While Peter was off in Japan and Australia with Lifetime, our belongings were supposed to be delivered to our apartment so I could start unpacking and be slightly organized by the time he got home.
Of course, that didn't work out. The showed up the day after he got home!
So it's been a little over two weeks and we're still not completely unpacked.
Things are coming along but we're ready to be settled so we can focus on fixing up Babycake's room.

On Christmas Eve we went over to Gary and Dwain's new pad in Kensington to have dinner.
They have a brilliant kitchen that they hardly use, so I went over and cooked up a storm for us.
On the menu
Lentil Soup
Salad of organic greens with cherry tomatoes, feta and pinenuts in a balsamic dressing
Chicken Parm with a side fusili
Christmas Yule log

Gary and his sister made the appetizers, guacamole, pesto cheese dip and ham and cheese tartlets.
Dwain fixed up the drinks and Addison supplied the entertainment.
Their kitchen is real big so while I was cooking everyone could hang out and watch.
Peter took the pics this time, for obvious reasons.
Photobucket
The beginning of the lentil soup (I have posted this recipe in an earlier blog)
Addison liked to watch Peter take the pictures more than having them taken of her.
Photobucket
While the soup was cooking I started the Chicken Parm.
It's quite easy but can be messy because you have to fry the chicken. Well, you don't have to but it was Christmas so I thought I would splurge.
Photobucket
The chicken was rinsed, patted dry,then dredged in egg and flour and fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil until golden brown.
Always drain on paper towels to remove the excess oil.
Photobucket
In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
Place the chicken on top slightly overlapping if needed.
Spread the remaining sauce over the chicken and sprinkle a generous amount of parmesan cheese over the top.
Thinly slice fresh mozzarella and place it on top. Don't be stingy with the cheese folks.
Bake in a 350*F oven until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Photobucket
We all filled up on appetizers so I skipped my original plan of a side of fusili with dinner.
Photobucket
Gary sets a gorgeous table.
Photobucket
A star is born.
Photobucket
Once again, I stand by my claim that being pregnant, I can't seem to bake right.
The log is made from a Sprinkles cupcakes mix I got at Williams Sonoma. While it tastes good, it didn't roll like it was supposed to. It sort of looks like a turd not a roll. :(
The cake was chocolate peppermint with a vanilla buttercream filling and chocolate ganache frosting. It all tasted good, just didn't look so good.

Here are some more belly shots.
The first is from Thanksgiving, the other two are from today, December 27, 2007.
Everyone thinks I am having a boy. Apparently, I am all belly.
My feet just started to swell slightly. The best part about that is, they are so long and narrow to begin with that my shoes actually fit now!
I can still fit into Peter's jeans and have them be a little baggy (except in the belly area) which makes me feel good.
Just over 2 months to go!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

j.cro said...

OH MY GAAAWD, your belly, belly, BELLY!!!
I love your Yule Turd though, haw, haw, haw.
I miss you!
Talk to you soon, fo' ril.