Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A basketball for the holidays

Peter is in Japan and Australia for the next two weeks. I managed to get my photos off of my camera before he left but haven't sorted them out.
I know, I'm lazy. What do you want from me?

We found an apartment just before Thanksgiving. After looking at about 15 places, all piles of crap we decided to hit up a newer building over in Emeryville sort of near where Peter used to live way back when. The area is filled with warehouses, restaurants and shops. It's urban but neighborhoody at the same time. There's plenty to walk to and a free bus that goes all around town and to the BART so I won't really have to get a car for a while.
The stars must have been aligned that day. Not only did they have apartments available, we managed to score a penthouse! 2 bedrooms with a loft. 2 full baths, a jacuzzi tub in the master and a big deck where we can BBQ! We have a washer and dryer in the unit, microwave, dishwasher and these really neat stainless steel sinks. There's even an elevator so I don't have to lug a stroller up any stairs!
The building has a gym, Olympic sized pool and underground parking. We're totally stoked and as soon as we're unpacked and decorated, you bet I'll show you some pics. (yeah, right is what you're thinking but I mean it). It's the nicest place both Peter and I will have ever lived (aside from our parents houses that is).
The best part about the place is it's located next to this!
http://www.charleschocolates.com/

Thanksgiving was great. Peter's parents came and brought all sorts of baby goodies from his sister. We scored a sweet Moses basket with rocker and bunch of blankets and some of Peter's old toys. It's funny, he totally dissected his GI Joe Dolls just like I did to my Barbie's. A match made in heaven, no doubt.
The weather was so nice that we sat on the patio while the turkey was on the BBQ. Everyone drank wine (except for me of course) and ate cheese. It was very pleasant.

I made some pumpkin dinner rolls that didn't really turn out as well as I had hoped, a delicious pumpkin pie and what were supposed to be molten lava cakes but I over baked them.
I've been having a hard time with cooking lately. I suppose it's because I'm pregnant, I don't know.
All in all, I think everyone had fun though.

It's finally cooled down a little here. It's still in the 60s during the day but at least it's cold enough to wear a jacket and I'm not sweating anymore.

Chanukkah is next week(oy vey it's early this year) and it looks like I am going to have a basketball belly for the holidays. I just keep growing out. I still fit into a lot of my regular clothes, except in the belly so I am really happy about that.
My FIL, the oracle, predicts we are having a girl but when I meet strangers they think I'm having a boy. I can't wait to find out what it is.
Speaking of which, my mom is having a shower for me in January and I haven't even registered yet!

xoxo!

1 comment:

j.cro said...

mmmmmmmm chocolate!!!
By the way, what happens to molten chocolate cakes if they bake too long? Does the center harden or something? Does the cake explode like a volcano?