Last week I enjoyed a chocolate cream pie and cupcake at The Little Pie Shop with Jana.
The pie was seriously the best ever. The cupcake was really good too but I was too involved with the pie to really give a good judging.
I highly recommend the No Pudge fudge brownie mix. You can get it at Trader Joe's and in the organic aisle of your supermarket (at least that's where it is in ours). Guilt free and delicious. I added some peanut butter chips to my most recent batch and mmmmmm, so good.
Last weekend Peter and I went to Brooklyn to the Transit museum.
While we were walking to the train I spotted quite possibly the largest hibiscus flowers I have ever seen, even in Hawaii.

It was seriously as big if not bigger than my hand!
Then, on the subway I noticed this:

I'm pretty sure that's not the original sticker.
The museum was cool on the top level (which wasn't very air conditioned) there was a brief history of the subway and the major bridges of New York.
We saw some old subway trains dating back to the early 1900's.



I particularly enjoyed the wicker seating.


Can you imagine what it must have been like with just a little fan up there to cool off the car?


I bet you can't get which year this train is from :)




The 1960's cars were definately my fave. I guess most of them were used up until the mid 1980's when the trains got another big overhaul.
We also saw some old ads in the trains that were pretty cool and sort of funny too.



This could mean so many things.......

Isn't though?

How many of you ladies agree with this statement?

damn straight I do!

and what else? a nut joke!

"Chateau Martin Wines-you'll never be invited over but there's always plenty to drink." :)
If only wine was still 98 cents a quart!

There really isn't any humor to this ad but I just loved the movie so..........
We also saw some cool old maps.


They were so much easier to read back then.
After the museum we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was awesome.





We finished the evening off at Les Deux Gamins in the West Village.
I ate a whole loaf of bread, a salad and french onion soup. Hooray for carbs!
Peter had a salad and french fries, what a healthy dinner.
Oh and in case you forgot what we look like, here's a pic that Miss TK took of us at Dan's wedding.

This weekend we're going to Queens to see my great aunt Barb and great uncle Arnold and their family for a BBQ.
I'm making a lemon blueberry cake.
More on that later.
xoxo
2 comments:
I wouldn't count myself as one of the 84 women who like a man in a hat... although, sometimes Matty does look quite cool in his fedora and always a little younger in a ball cap.
YAY for the return of the sweet tooth!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!
the girl that was afraid of the subway when she 1st moved here went to the transit museum? Whats next yelling at people to "move it!" when the train door open?
Post a Comment