Friday, May 4, 2007

Vodka Sauce

I have been working a ton. We just catered a party at the Armory on 67th and Lexington last night for 1500 people. It was insane. I worked so hard the last two weeks I have barely been able to walk home after work.
The party was awesome though. All of the tables had these amazing cherry blossom branches with tea lights hanging from them as the center piece and the room was surrounded with beautiful greenery as well.
The party was for some Irish something or other. A lot of fancy evening gowns and tuxedos were in attendance.

We made chocolate caramel tarts with caramel corn and salted caramel ice cream for dessert. They were so good but if I ever see a chocolate caramel tart it will be way too soon.

I met Paul Newman and the President of Ireland too.
The Newman family was a guest at the even and Paul was a speaker.
After dinner I was in the kitchen getting ready for dessert and this older man stood in the doorway just looking around. I looked up at him and realized it was Paul Newman and smiled.
He said, "dinner was great what's for dessert?"
I told him and he said "oh yes that sounds great, hey I like your glasses."
"Hey I like your vodka sauce!" I said. Then he smiled and walked away.

Later that night as we were serving dessert, a short man in the blue suit with thing in his ear came over and told us to stop what we are doing. Of course, not knowing who he was we all just laughed at him.
"Secret Service, stop what you are doing NOW!" so we of course stopped then, but were very confused, thinking that maybe there was some sort of emergency.
Just then a tall woman in a gold dress and a man in a tuxedo followed by three people walked by.
The woman stopped and said "oh chefs, dinner was wonderful, we really enjoyed it, unfortunately we are going to have to miss dinner."
I smiled and said "thank you we are glad you liked it."
After she walked away the secret service guy says "Thank you that was the president of Ireland everybody."

I sort of wish I had gotten a better look at them, but it was kind of dark except for this terrible spot light shining in my eyes.

I worked about 16 hours yesterday, that isn't even my record. In LA I worked 17 hours everyday for two weeks straight while Social was getting ready to open.
I wish my paycheck was a reflection of how hard I work. :)

Anyway, I have some time off now so hopefully, I'll be able to make some neat stuff.
I got some new vegan cookbooks and am anxious to try them!
Happy Friday,
xoxo

1 comment:

j.cro said...

That's pretty effin' coooool !!!!